This list isn't about the end of life. I am definitely not thinking about dying. Although we're well aware of the statistics surrounding my medical situation, that isn't why I am sharing this. I've had a few conversations lately that have led me to share my 'bucket list.' and I have been thinking about checking off some things. Sadly, I didn't really have a big list, it was really only the first seven shown here. I have given this some thought over the past week and have come up with a few things that I need to do. And again, don't get me wrong, I am not rushing to complete this. I am patient.
This list is about living.
I am also leaving the last one blank on purpose. You never know what might pop into my head down the road. They are in no particular order after the first 7.
- Inspire parents around the world to write Napkin Notes (Work in progress!)
- Own a pub in Ireland and pour pints of Guinness for my friends
- Relearn German & teach German Literature, esp the classics
- Finish college
- Win Survivor (the CBS Show)
- Give a lot of money to St. Jude’s Children's Hospital
- Help my mom out financially so that she can retire with dignity
- Own a beach house in Nag’s Head - Rent out most of the year, but go there to write
- Finish a triathlon
- Help my wife with her dreams of cooking
- For that matter, help anyone meet their dreams
- Walk my daughter down the aisle
- Write Napkin Notes for my grandkids
- Go back to Germany and visit Waake - Find my old friends and host family
- Organize a family reunion and make sure everyone attends
- “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” - Not as a contestant, but a panel guest
- Visit pediatric cancer patients in my SW costume(s) to cheer them up (Check!)
- Take Emma to Star Wars Celebration VI (April 2015) (delayed - maybe 2017)
- Big Family Vacation Each Summer - This year: Colleen’s Family and Matt’s Family (Check!)
- Write a book (Check!)
- Start an app development company and create awesome apps
- Learn to make a great toast. Make the toast (Check!)
- Give the commencement speech at Emma's High School graduation
- Take my family on a cruise (Soon!)
- Drive across the USA with my family
- Really learn how to juggle, not that 5 second party trick I do to show off
- Earn a Black Belt
- Buy new tires for a random stranger (Check - not exactly the same, but close!)
- Ride a bike from Port Leyden to Saranac Lake
- Learn how to scuba dive
- Mentor small business retail shops
- Become a public speaker – Give a TED Talk (Check!)
- Learn to meditate
- Build an H-Wing starfighter
- Drive my truck around and allow Emma to sit in the truck bed (Check!)
In the end, happiness is a lot more than creating a list.
If you have questions or comments about my list, message me here or via email (email@example.com) and I'll do my best to answer quickly.