It's hard to imagine that after all of the sales at Staples, Target, and WalMart, it is really time to think about heading back to school! In fact, I was reminded of this on Monday when I saw a news story about students in Lousia County. It was their first day of school on August 10! Holy Cow!!
Sometimes staring at a blank napkin at 5:30 in the morning and coming up with something to write is a daunting task. I know. I've written about 4000 napkins and even I get writer's block from time to time.
Here's the catch - your child doesn't care how eloquent your note is. Your child doesn't care if your words are similar to Gatsby or Gumby. Your child will be happy with just about any heartfelt written note. Sometimes shorter notes are felt and retained more easily.
10 Words or Less
Here's a quick list of 8 weeks of Napkin Notes that are 10 words or less. (I don't include "Dear Emma" or "Love Dad" in the count.) Please copy me! Use these notes! Steal them from me! I promise not to call the cops!
1) DFTBA (Don't Forget to Be Awesome!)
2) Be yourself!
3) Do your best!
4) I love you!
5) Know your true friends.
6) Have an awesome day!
7) I love your smile.
8) You're awesome! True Story!
9) Use kind words. It matters.
10) Surround yourself with true friends.
11) Choose to make today remarkable.
12) Emma's Checklist
o Be Awesome!
13) Be a friend to someone today!
14) I love you no matter what!
15) I love to watch you play.
16) I'll be thinking about you today!
17) I will always come get you
18) Dear Emma, You can! Love Dad
19) I am thinking of you today. Love, Dad
20) Life is for living. Go. Do. Start. Risk.
21) Dear Emma, Give more. Expect less. Love Dad
22) Dear Emma, I believe in you. Love, Dad
23) Dear Emma, You can and you will. Love, Dad
24) There are many types of success. Define your own!
25) Be genuine. Mean what you say. It matters.
26) Emma, I am here for you. Always. Love, Dad
27) Dear Emma, I love being your dad! Love, Dad
28) Dear Emma, You are worth so much! Love, Dad
29) Be yourself! I love you just the way you are!
30) Good luck on the _______________ quiz! You can do it!
31) I love you! I am so proud that you're my daughter!
32) Dear Emma, Make your life a story worth telling. Love, Dad
33) Make sure that your friends know how important they are to you.
34) I love you. I am so glad that I am your dad.
35) Dear Emma, Vision involves quite a bit of listening, too. Love Dad
36) You are an awesome person! I am so glad that you're my daughter.
37) Dear Emma, There are many types of success. Define your own. Love, Dad
38) Dear Emma, May this day be filled with promises and opportunities. Love, Dad
39) Dear Emma, Sometimes you have to listen with your eyes and heart. Love, Dad
40) Dear Emma, The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. Love, Dad
Leave me some feedback!
Which one is your favorite?
What 10 Words can you write on a note today?
(Special thanks to Don Blackwell for the title inspiration! @donblackwell4 )